Please feel free to contact John Doyle, Education Director -- email@example.com -- at any point in the application process. He is happy to field any questions about the content of the program and prerequisites for applying.
As part of the application we request:
- General Application Form
- Essay (300-500 words)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
There is no application fee.
We are looking for students who enjoy learning new things, are comfortable with basic computer applications, like to work with their hands, committed to taking on new challenges, and appreciate a chance to explore the biotechnology career path.
Applications for students entering September 5, 2017 will be accepted and reviewed beginning in January 2017
Please submit your General Application Form and essay to:
Education Director, GBA
55 Blackburn Center
Gloucester MA 01930
- Contact John -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- to schedule your interview
- Complete the additional application requirements (two letters of recommendation and
Notification letters will be sent to all applicants within two weeks of completing the application process.
Accepted students are asked to complete the Letter of Commitment we send you to secure your place in the class.
Enrollment and success at Gloucester Biotechnology Academy does not require formal training in the sciences. We will provide the basic science and math skills necessary to work with confidence in a technical lab setting.
Gloucester Biotechnology Academy applicant prerequisites:
- Recent high school graduate
- Aptitude and inclination for hands-on work
- Capacity to work with basic computer software (Word, Excel, E-mail)
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks on schedule
- Willingness to learn new things
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
There will be no cost to attend Gloucester Biotechnology Academy in September 2017.
The entire program will be underwritten. Students will be responsible for their transportation to and from the school and the internship sites.
We are grateful to donors who are providing this extraordinary opportunity for the Academy students.
The Gloucester Biotechnology Academy certificate will be awarded to graduates who:
1. Complete Semesters I and II, meeting attendance and skill assessment requirements
2. Complete paid internships (with letter provided by internship mentor)
3. Demonstrate career skills important in a biotechnology environment