- Nine-month training program: Early September through mid-May.
- Two eleven-week semesters followed by a twelve-week paid internship.
- Classes meet Monday-Friday, 8.30 am to 2.00 pm.
- Curriculum based on the core biotechnology competencies of the Massachusetts Life Science Education Consortium.
- Daily intensive, hands-on lab training in the cutting-edge techniques and instrumentation required to work with DNA and proteins.
- Authentic laboratory workflows produce sequenced cod genes, purified cod proteins, and bacteria transformed with cod DNA.
- Presentations of experimental results develop scientific rhetoric and comfort in front of a group.
- Twelve weeks of paid experience in industry laboratories on the North Shore and in Boston.
- Practical experience working alongside professional scientists in an operational laboratory.
- Small class size fosters one-on-one coaching of career skills.
- Weekly presentations by industry professionals emphasize the skills needed for success in a specialized work environment.
- Assistance with professional development and job placement provided to program graduate